The CBD industry is flooded with products that contain very little or no CBD, so it is important to understand what you buy. Our certified, lab-tested products will give you exactly what is stated on the product.
What is CBD?
CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is the second most prevalent of the active ingredients of cannabis (marijuana). While CBD is an essential component of medical marijuana, it is derived directly from the hemp plant, which is a cousin of the marijuana plant. While CBD is a component of marijuana (one of hundreds), by itself it does not cause a “high”. (Source: Harvard health publishing)
Benefits of CBD
CBD is continuously being researched by experts globally. A growing number of studies & research indicate that CBD has many wide ranging health benefits that can aid in the relief of some physical & mental ailments.
CBD is known to:
- help with pain reduction
- help with anxiety & stress relief
- help maintain a healthy body & mind (combined with an active & healthy lifestyle)
- contain antioxidants
- contain anti-Inflammatory properties
- ...and more
How much CBD should you take?
Each person’s body if different therefore so all our endocannabinoid systems will respond differently.
Please consider the factors below when buying CBD:
- Your goal: What do I need it for? Relaxing? Healthy diet? Chronic pain?Anxiety? As an example, someone who suffers from chronic pain may consume a lot more (eg 180mg) daily than someone who wants it to relax or consume it as part of their daily routine (eg 20-50mg).
- Your height & weight: If you are bigger and/or taller than the average person, you may need more & vice versa.
Always start off with a small dose & work your way up to the desired effect. At elitemii, we state how much CBD is every drop of oil & capsules making it easy to track how much is consumed.
Will CBD get me high?
No - you will not get high from CBD oil. This is because the cannabis plant is made up of two main components: CBD and THC. CBD is the non-psychoactive part whereas THC is the psychoactive. elitemii products have less than 0.2% THC so there will be no euphoria-like effects which means you can continue with your daily routine.
What to look for when buying CBD
Is the product lab tested?
It is important to know what you are buying as some CBD products on the market may not contain the true amount of CBD. Testing allows labs to check the levels of CBD & other components. All our products are lab tested for potency and purity, ensuring that all our products contain what is stated on the label.
Does it contain organic & whole plant ingredients?
Good quality CBD products should have organic ingredients coming from whole plant to ensure you are getting the best product possible.
elitemii CBD comes from full plant extract giving our customers the full benefit of all the other cannabinoids woking together in the phenomenon called the 'Entourage Effect'.
The Entourage Effect is the benefit the user gets from multiple cannabinoids, flavonoids & terpenes working together - which some studies suggest could amplify CBD's therapeutic potential as well as users benefitting from these components' own properties.
Is the oil isolate, full spectrum or broad spectrum?
- Isolate is the purest form of CBD. During its extraction process, all compounds apart from CBD are removed.
- Full spectrum CBD contains all the naturally occurring compounds found in the plant such as terpenes, flavonoids, essential oils and a host of other cannabinoids.
- Broad spectrum CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant along with all other compounds and cannabinoids, except THC.
Our products are made from full spectrum extract as we believe in providing all the benefits the full plant has to offer with THC below 0.2%.
Can you trace the source?
A reliable supplier will be able to source the CBD extract from the farm it was grown.
The oil used in our products can be traced back to the seed the plant came from. We make sure each batch is of the highest quality & is certified.
Shop now for products that you can trust.